[Openchrome-users] Large plasma display corruption: SOLVED

John Robinson john.robinson
Fri Jan 25 09:54:33 PST 2008

On 24/01/2008 21:26, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
[...]
>>From your previous Xorg.o.log:
> (**) CHROME(0): Display dimensions: (320, 240) mm
> (**) CHROME(0): DPI set to (63, 63)
>
> What is it saying now?  And is it actually setting a resolution of
> 1024x720 instead of the 800x600 it used to?
>
>> This might be some sort of bug in the Mozilla rendering engine.
>
> I'm tempted to artificially set a dpi of 63 and see what Firefox
> does.

On my 32" widescreen Sony TV, using 720x576, I have:
(**) VIA(0): Display dimensions: (256, 144) mm
(**) VIA(0): DPI set to (71, 101)

(Yeah I know I'm using an old version. It seems to suffice on my CLE266.)

Anyway, Firefox works fine. I ended up using those particular numbers to
get rid of scaling artifacts in some apps. Of course if I wanted the DPI
to be correct, I'd use something more like DisplaySize 640 360 or
DisplaySize 768 432, but I like having stuff blown up much bigger than
it would be on a regular monitor, after all I'm much further away!

Cheers,

John.