[Openchrome-users] Large plasma display corruption: SOLVED

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Thu Jan 24 13:26:28 PST 2008

Forest Bond wrote:
> I'm now using -dpi 100 and things are working nicely.

But... if you have a 42 inch display and it is a 16:9, it will be
roughly 36 inch wide and 20 inch high.  Having a resolution of
1024x720 this comes down to a dpi of (28, 36).  That looks nowhere
near 100.  ??

>From your previous Xorg.o.log:
(**) CHROME(0): Display dimensions: (320, 240) mm
(**) CHROME(0): DPI set to (63, 63)

What is it saying now?  And is it actually setting a resolution of
1024x720 instead of the 800x600 it used to?

> This might be some sort of bug in the Mozilla rendering engine.

I'm tempted to artificially set a dpi of 63 and see what Firefox
does.

Benno