[Openchrome-users] openchrome - epia SN18000G - resolution problems

Buchner Michael buggi
Mon Jan 28 11:24:47 PST 2008

Hi there,

I've a problem with the setup mentioned in the topic and I'm running out
of ideas ;( Maybe one of you can help me or at least give me some hints
what to do ...

Well as you can imagine I'm using openchrome as driver for my graphics
card. My Mainboard is the via epia SN18000G vith VIA VT8251 South Bridge
and CN896 North Bridge.
(http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/motherboards.jsp?motherboard_id=550)

I've played a lot to get Xorg running a now it basically is, BUT with
some problems. i want to connect my LCD TV Screen to be used as monitor.
The TV's user manual says that the resolution is 1366x768 with 60Hz.
within the xorg log file I can see this:
(**) CHROME(0): *Mode "1280x720": 59.4 MHz (scaled from 0.0 MHz), 37.9
kHz, 50.1
 Hz
(II) CHROME(0): Modeline "1280x720"   59.42  1280 1312 1536 1568  720
735 741 75
7
 which is the supported resolution according to edid (?)

If I use the modeline manually (or another one for 1366x720 at 60) the
resolution is ok but I get some kind of flickering. If I don't use any
modeline the resolution is at 1280x720 according to xvidtune but the
picture is not fitting the monitor. it seems to feel that my screen is
bigger in either direction as it actually is. but there is no flickering ...

I also should mention that I need to use the
     Option          "DDC" "false"
within the Screen Section of xorg.conf. Otherwise I only get 1024x768.

I really can't remember what I've already tried ... way too much ;)
Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks a lot