[Openchrome-users] KDE4 kwin effects

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Wed Jun 4 13:11:11 PDT 2008

Uwe Thiem wrote:
> did anyone here manage to make KDE4's kwin effects work with
> openchrome?

What are those kwin effects supposed to do?

> The moment I enable them the session dies and I am back at kdm.

Any message in the kdm.log, Xorg.0.log, some other log?

> If I log in again, X locks up completely.

If you kill kdm before logging in again, and restart it, does X
still lock up?  Is the box hard locked, or can you ssh in?

When you use the vesa driver, can you enable those kwin effects?
Any problem then?

Benno