[Openchrome-users] CN700 XvMCScreenInit fails and I'm stuck in 640x480

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Mon Mar 3 14:38:32 PST 2008

TiCPU wrote:
> CN700 XvMCScreenInit fails and I'm stuck in 640x480 Sorry if I double
> posted but I couldn't see my post in here after posting.
>
> After compiling the DRM and AGP modules from VIA's Unichrome drivers,

Do you mean you're using the driver provided by VIA and not the
openchrome driver ?

> and compiling latest SVN with Mesa 7, if I start X, I'm stuck in
> 640x480, whatever I put in Xorg.conf and xrandr. 3D acceleration is
> working though, I'm getting 1300FPS in glxgears. I'll be able to post
> an Xorg log on request but I'm not at the computer which has the
> problem anymore, a VIA VT8237R Plus MiniITX. But I think the
> XvMCScreenInit failed error was the only one in the log.
>
> If anyone could tell me what I could try to fix it, thank you :)

Sorry, without your xorg log and your xorg conf, nobody will be able to
help with so little details.