[Openchrome-users] Integrated K8M890 does not work.

maurizio m.mancini
Thu Mar 6 06:32:33 PST 2008

Hi all, it is my first message on this mailing list. First of all excuse me
if I post here, I tried to solve this problem for a few days but could not
find a way out.
I have a MSI motherboard, model K9VGM-V with a AMD 64 processor. On the
board there is an integrated K8M890 graphic card. After trying every
possible driver OpenChrome and UniChrome, I also tried to modify the DRM
file, compiled and istalled it, with no result.
As you can see, the graphic card is not recognized by the system:

dmesg | grep -e agp -e drm
[   21.256421] agpgart: Detected AGP bridge 0
[   21.261208] agpgart: AGP aperture is 128M @ 0xd0000000
[   21.866172] Linux agpgart interface v0.102 (c) Dave Jones
[  242.034180] [drm] Initialized drm 1.1.0 20060810
[  243.436351] [drm] Initialized via 2.11.1 20070202 on minor 0

This is probably because the card is attached to the mainboard through a
"bridge" and the system cannot access directly to it. I'm attaching my
xorg.conf file and the log of the X server. Again, it says that there is no
graphic card.
I'm ok if there is no way for now to make this card work, I'm just trying to
understand if it is my fault or not... Thank you very much!
Best regards,
Maurizio Mancini