[Openchrome-users] CN700 XvMCScreenInit fails and I'm stuck in 640x480

TiCPU userforum
Sat Mar 8 04:38:58 PST 2008

Re: CN700 XvMCScreenInit fails and I'm stuck in 640x480
> ouch, don't mix VIA's stuff and the real stuff. Given you run a recent
> enough kernel (2.6.23), there shouldn't be any need to compile new
> drm.ko and via.ko kernel modules. If you absolutely want/need to do
> that, use the real drm tree.

I just tried rmmod'ing the Unichrome's drivers and doing insmod directly on those in my Kernel tree drm/drm.ko and drm/via.ko and I still get the XvMC error.

> You need to choose a NTSC resolution from the VT1625 resolution's list
> here :
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-index.php?page=TVOut
>
> That is : 640x480, 720x480Under, 720x480Fit or 720x480Over.
>
> There's currently no way to use a different resolution and refresh rate
> on CRT and TV, so if you need both, the CRT will be limited by the TV
> resolution.

At least, I now have 2 resolution I can choose from, but they still appear with the wrong refresh rate or an out of range refresh rate, I tried using the same configuration as in the Wiki too, only 720x480Over and 640x480 works.

Thanks for the help, I really don't know what to test next :/

Output of XRandr:
Screen 0: minimum 640 x 480, current 720 x 480, maximum 720 x 480
default connected 720x480+0+0 0mm x 0mm
   720x480        57.0*
   640x480        60.0

720x480 doesn't even work on the monitor (very old CRT monitor I only use during configuration)
It will get removed once everything works anyway.

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=4920&comments_parentId=4892&post_reply=1#form>