[Openchrome-users] Call for packagers

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sat Mar 8 13:04:17 PST 2008

Felipe Reyes wrote:
>>> Its not only K8M800 but VN800 too. I thought I did mention it
>>> somewhere in ticket comments.
>>>
>> I'm not particularly happy with the AGPDMA change for K8M800, it used to
>> work and I believe the pb is not in openchrome code. Andrey's follow-up
>> is the perfect example of what will happen next if we follow this path,
>> disable AGPDMA for VM800. And all chipsets if we continue on this road...
>> I suspect the problem could be in the kernel (either AGP or DRM), but as
>> I'm not affected by the pb, I can't try to narrow it down. As it seems
>> pretty easy to trigger the bad behaviour for those affected, it would be
>> really interesting to have someone try with various kernel release, say
>> from 2.6.18 up to 2.6.23 and see if/when the pb disappear.
>>
> I own a K8M800 and when i have AGPDMA enabled the unichrome_dri.so
> produce the hang up of my machine (in debian sid provided by
> libgl1-mesa-dri). This behaviour i experimented with 2.6.20, 2.6.21,
> 2.6.22 and 2.6.23 (kernels compiled by myself and also the debian
> packaged kernels)

The hangs with 3D on K8M800 are well known and probably unrelated to
AGPDMA being enabled or not. Can you reproduce the hang with AGPDMA
enabled and unichrome_dri.so desactivated (rename it or whatever) ?

To follow up on the VM800 problem, it seems it is a screen repaint
problem, not a hang problem. Andrey, can you please confirm what
affected you, hard lockup or screen repaint ?