[Openchrome-users] Call for packagers

Felipe Reyes felipereyes
Fri Mar 7 17:16:47 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 19:13 +0100, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Andrey Melentyev wrote:
> >> Okay, in SVN AGP DMA is disabled by default now on the K8M800.
> >>  Let's wait for Xavier to include this in a 0.2.902 release.
> >
> > Its not only K8M800 but VN800 too. I thought I did mention it
> > somewhere in ticket comments.
> >
> I'm not particularly happy with the AGPDMA change for K8M800, it used to
> work and I believe the pb is not in openchrome code. Andrey's follow-up
> is the perfect example of what will happen next if we follow this path,
> disable AGPDMA for VM800. And all chipsets if we continue on this road...
> I suspect the problem could be in the kernel (either AGP or DRM), but as
> I'm not affected by the pb, I can't try to narrow it down. As it seems
> pretty easy to trigger the bad behaviour for those affected, it would be
> really interesting to have someone try with various kernel release, say
> from 2.6.18 up to 2.6.23 and see if/when the pb disappear.

I own a K8M800 and when i have AGPDMA enabled the unichrome_dri.so
produce the hang up of my machine (in debian sid provided by
libgl1-mesa-dri). This behaviour i experimented with 2.6.20, 2.6.21,
2.6.22 and 2.6.23 (kernels compiled by myself and also the debian
packaged kernels)

that's all the information i give you, i tried to debug the but i never
could do this, especially because is recommended (at freedesktop.org)
use a second machine and connect via ssh yo debug it, but i own my
laptop currently.

good luck ;)

and thanks for keeping the development of this driver

regards
--
Felipe Reyes A.
Estudiante de Ingenier?a Ejecuci?n Inform?tica