[Openchrome-users] 720P output to Component on VT1625

Chad masterclc
Wed Mar 12 10:41:21 PDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Xavier Bachelot <xavier at bachelot.org> wrote:
> vpcompany at tiscali.it wrote:
>  >> Hi all,
>  >>
>  >> Hope this helps.  I recently started playing around with MythTV on a
>  >> Via system, and I was able to modify the Openchrome driver code to
>  >> display 720P over YCbCr.  Below is my patch against the latest code
>  >> from SVN.
>  >> - Justin
>  >
>  > uummh... I do not understand your patch:
>  > I've an epia en1200 with cn700+vt1625 and I'm able to use correctly
>  > 720P without any patch putting in the xorg.conf the line:
>  >
>  > Option      "TVType" "720P"
>  >
>  Maybe the connection type does matter ? Justin uses component, what are
>  you using ?
>
>  Justin, how did you proceed to tweak the values ? Lot of people are
>  having issues with VT1625, but no one explained how to (try to) fix them
>  so far.
>
>  Regards,
>  Xavier

Indeed, my Commell LV-667T (Component over VT1625) is very dusty as I
haven't had time to play around much with the values to find a sweet
spot that works.  If there is a methodical way or if there are more
"fixes" for more resolutions (1080i/p) that would be great!

-Chad