[Openchrome-users] VT8237r Plus video Card driver

John Robinson john.robinson
Thu May 8 08:52:33 PDT 2008

On 08/05/2008 15:13, Juan Carlos wrote:

> You know, I originally suscribed to this virtual org when I changed from
> MS windows to Linux platform. I have a desktop with a VT8237r plus video
> card

I think you may have some things confused; the VT8237R is a south-bridge
chip providing IDE, SATA, USB, sound capabilities.

1. Please can you tell us exactly what motherboard or type of machine
you have.

2. Please try the following command:
	lspci -v
and cut'n'paste whatever it outputs into your email.

3. Please compress and attach your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and
/etc/X11/xorg.conf files.

Then we can see what you've got and perhaps how to get it going properly.

Cheers,

John.