[Openchrome-users] Low quality 2D in ARCH Linux + openchrome + VIA K8M890

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Fri May 9 15:24:06 PDT 2008

daz wrote:
> Your driver is *not* the same.
>
> Your chipset is K8M800 and the VIA xorg driver xf86-video-via supports this
> chipset.
>
> My chipset is K8M890 and the VIA xorg driver *DOES NOT* support this chipset.
> Instead, one needs to use the openchrome driver.
>
> Both available from the arch repos, both intended for separate chipsets.

This is inexact, openchrome supports the full range of VIA chipset from
CLE266 to the newest Chrome9. The via xorg driver is a really old
version of what is now openchrome and supports only a subset of the
devices openchrome supports.