[Openchrome-users] Low quality 2D in ARCH Linux + openchrome + VIA K8M890

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Fri May 16 13:13:41 PDT 2008

Karolina wrote:
> I have the K8M800, and 3D does not work with the archlinux stock
> driver, and instead freezes the machine. But with kernel 2.6.25
> and driver 0.2.902 even 3D acceleration works

And kernel 2.6.25 with the stock archlinux openchrome driver?

If that combination does not freeze either, then expect kernel
2.6.26 (when it comes out) to freeze again, because some drm
changes are going to be reversed, if I've understood correctly.

> I don't know if this glxgears speed is good or bad, but at least
> it does not cause a freeze or crash.
> [...]
> 2018 frames in 5.0 seconds = 403.442 FPS
> 2205 frames in 5.0 seconds = 440.803 FPS

It's okay for a K8M800.  On a KM400 with a 2 GHz processor I get
around 780 fps.

Benno