[Openchrome-users] Custom resolution on CX700M2

Paul Gardiner lists
Mon Nov 3 02:14:53 PST 2008

Frans-Willem Hardijzer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've set up a nice little box with a VIA EPIA EX10000EG motherboard.
> Everything is working fine up untill it loads the openchrome driver.
> The TV (connected through DVI) reports "No signal" unless I set VBEModes
> option, or set PanelSize & ForcePanel. Unfortunately, at this point it
> also ignores any custom modelines, and it won't allow a native 1360x768
> resolution. The 1280x768 resolution will work, as it's in the VBE modes
> table, but that will make the screen quite stretched :(
>
> Would anyone know how to get it to output a native 1360x768 resolution ?

As far as I know, you can use only the modes built into the drivers. So
if you look through your Xorg log file and there's no 1360x768 mode
listed then current driver doesn't support it. Mode lines in xorg.conf
are ignored.

I'm trying to find out how to add new mode lines to the drivers. The
difficulty is filling in the VT162XTableRec structure. I suspect the
trick is to set up modes under VIA's drivers and read out the register
values from the chip, but I haven't been able to get into communication
with anyone that knows, so - not wanting to run through all the same
problems as people in the past have - I've given up on it for now.

"This project is about getting involved" - I would if I could just get
some help to get started.

Cheers,
	Paul.