[Openchrome-users] CN400 vs. CN700 vs. next best option?

Paul Bender pebender
Fri Nov 28 15:14:04 PST 2008

Peter Carmichael wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:22:04 +0000, "Paul Gardiner" <lists at glidos.net>
> said:
>> Peter Carmichael wrote:
>> VLD XvMC was working in 0.21 Mythtv for me. Not sure what build it
>> was, though. I'm using Minimyth. Strangely with VLD XvMC, I needed
>> the extra audio buffering setting to play anything, whereas with
>> plain XvMC the problem arises only in cut scenes where the video
>> becomes very simple. It makes me wonder if there's a problem with
>> MythTv's scheduling that arises when decode becomes too easy. In
>> any case I use plain XvMC to avoid the grey menu, and it's fast
>> enough (I only play SD).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> 	Paul.
>>

> Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.  I've just tried installing
> MiniMyth and it has come up straight away using XvMC-VLD, so I'll clear
> off from this list and start wondering what is wrong with my Mythtv
> build.  I now just need to reverse engineer how Minimyth is working.

The MiniMyth init scripts combine information from the detected hardware
with the minimyth.conf file to determine how to configure Xorg and
MythTV (as well as Mplayer, VLC and Xine). For VIA EPIA hardware,
MiniMyth makes sure that /etc/X11/XvMCConfig points to the
/usr/lib/libchromeXvMC.so.1 library and that MythTV's Playback Profile
is configured to use VIA XvMC for playback.