[Openchrome-users] CN400 vs. CN700 vs. next best option?

Peter Carmichael openchrome
Fri Nov 28 12:06:12 PST 2008

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:22:04 +0000, "Paul Gardiner" <lists at glidos.net>
said:
> Peter Carmichael wrote:
> VLD XvMC was working in 0.21 Mythtv for me. Not sure what build it
> was, though. I'm using Minimyth. Strangely with VLD XvMC, I needed
> the extra audio buffering setting to play anything, whereas with
> plain XvMC the problem arises only in cut scenes where the video
> becomes very simple. It makes me wonder if there's a problem with
> MythTv's scheduling that arises when decode becomes too easy. In
> any case I use plain XvMC to avoid the grey menu, and it's fast
> enough (I only play SD).
>
> Cheers,
> 	Paul.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.  I've just tried installing
MiniMyth and it has come up straight away using XvMC-VLD, so I'll clear
off from this list and start wondering what is wrong with my Mythtv
build.  I now just need to reverse engineer how Minimyth is working.