[Openchrome-users] XV (green pixels macro blocks) on CLE266

marcus userforum
Tue Sep 9 09:57:16 PDT 2008

Re: XV (green pixels macro blocks) on	CLE266
> On your log file,
>
> It seems that DRI is not working in your configuration:
> > (WW) CHROME(0): [XvMC] Cannot use XvMC without DRI!
>
> Do you have compiled and installed kernel DRM modules?
>
> Vincent
>
> Ondrej Wisniewski  a ?crit :
>
>         marcus wrote:
>
>    Xv works fine, even if I have randomly some green pixels macro
> blocks just at the start of the video file, when I play it or I loop
> it.(furthermore I cannot make it working with XVMC, even if rendering
> is active, CPU is used just like with XV, and video colors are wrong
> (black and white with diagonal coloured stripes)   Remember that
> CLE266 only decodes MPEG2 (no MPEG4). You also need a Video Player who
> uses the HW decoding (e.g. xine with xxmc video output option).
>
> Ondrej

> Main page:
> http://www.openchrome.org
> Wiki:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org
> User Forum:
> http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum.php?forumId=1

Yes, I compiled kernel adding DRM modules (AGP support, Direct Rendering Manager Support, selecting for both VIA chipset support), this is the lsmod output:

Module                  Size  Used by
snd_seq                43376  0
via                    37888  0
drm                    64792  1 via
snd_via82xx            23444  1
snd_ac97_codec         89504  1 snd_via82xx
snd_pcm                54532  2 snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec
snd_timer              19976  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc         11016  2 snd_via82xx,snd_pcm
snd_mpu401_uart         9984  1 snd_via82xx
snd_rawmidi            19072  1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd_seq_device          9096  1 snd_rawmidi
snd                    37556  10 snd_seq,snd_via82xx,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
soundcore               9184  1 snd
via_agp                11648  1
agpgart                28488  2 drm,via_agp

If I activate GLX, glxinfo | grep rendering -> I get that Direct Rendering is On.

I'm using VLC and MPlayer, with the same result I wil try now Xine.

Anyway I have a problem, as I told you, also on XV, because enabling XV on VLC,
but on Mplayer too, I have just at the beginning of the playback, some green macro blocks, how could I avoid this green pixels?

Thank you for your help!

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=5541&comments_parentId=5540&post_reply=1#form>