[Openchrome-users] XV (green pixels macro blocks) on CLE266

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Wed Sep 10 11:46:40 PDT 2008

marcus wrote:
> XV (green pixels macro blocks) on CLE266
> Hi,
>
> I have an epia m10000 with CLE266 chipset, I see that this kind of chipset is supported by openchrome project both on XV and XVMC.
>
> Xv works fine, even if I have randomly some green pixels macro blocks just at the start of the video file, when I play it or I loop it.

Are you simply playing a video file that happens to have a corrupted
start where it hasn't been broken correctly on a GOP mark? do you still
see corruption when you play it back with mplayer and "-vo x11" ?
> (furthermore I cannot make it working with XVMC, even if rendering is active, CPU is used just like with XV, and video colors are wrong (black and white with diagonal coloured stripes))

For xvmc support you need to use a player that supports the VIA XVMC-VLD
interface. Currently mythtv and xine do out of the box. Mplayer will
with a patch. Similarly anything based on the libavcodec library could
be patched to work. I don't know anything about VLC personally.