[Openchrome-users] XV (green pixels macro blocks) on CLE266

marcus userforum
Wed Sep 10 12:41:46 PDT 2008

Re: XV (green pixels macro blocks) on CLE266
> marcus wrote:
> > XV (green pixels macro blocks) on CLE266
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an epia m10000 with CLE266 chipset, I see that this kind of chipset is supported by openchrome project both on XV and XVMC.
> >
> > Xv works fine, even if I have randomly some green pixels macro blocks just at the start of the video file, when I play it or I loop it.
> >

> Are you simply playing a video file that happens to have a corrupted
> start where it hasn't been broken correctly on a GOP mark? do you still
> see corruption when you play it back with mplayer and "-vo x11" ?

I  tried with vlc --vout=x11 and with mplayer -vo x11, in both cases using x11, I don't see the corruption. So I think it's strictly related to XV.

> > (furthermore I cannot make it working with XVMC, even if rendering is active, CPU is used just like with XV, and video colors are wrong (black and white with diagonal coloured stripes))
> >

> For xvmc support you need to use a player that supports the VIA XVMC-VLD
> interface. Currently mythtv and xine do out of the box. Mplayer will
> with a patch. Similarly anything based on the libavcodec library could
> be patched to work. I don't know anything about VLC personally.

Ok.

----

Reply Link: <http://wiki.openchrome.org/tikiwiki/tiki-view_forum_thread.php?forumId=1&comments_reply_threadId=5547&comments_parentId=5534&post_reply=1#form>