[Openchrome-users] screen corruption with and without VBEModes

Michael Schulze micha.3d
Sat Sep 13 04:12:33 PDT 2008

Hello,

I'm using a FSC Amilo Pro 2030 (Xubuntu 8.04) with a VN800 Chip and a
15"(1024x768) TFT Panel and if I switch my resolution (inside of an
openGl application) with the openchrome driver (VBE_Modes) my screen
becomes unusable:
http://www.pictureupload.de/pictures/130908130153_1_res_switch_with_vbe.jpg

I think its the same problem like this:
http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2008-July/004712.html

This problem appeared in all openchrome-versions and all the
distributions I have tested. Using the vesa driver has the same effect.
I don't have this problem if I use the via-driver which avoids VBE_Modes
but I prefer to use openchrome (less other problems) so I was happy to see this:

http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-users/2008-February/004287.html

I tried it three days ago but it's worse since the screen is corrupted
already after Xorg starts. The corruption looks different and the lines
are moving a bit:
http://www.pictureupload.de/pictures/130908130605_2_without_vbe.jpg
The Cursor is not involved in this problem, there is just a little drawing-problem on my system:
http://www.pictureupload.de/pictures/130908130758_3_HW_Curser.JPG

I tried different resolutions, modelines and openchrome options but I
can't make it work correctly.

I would be glad to know which more things I could try.

Thanks