[Openchrome-users] 720x576Noscale does scale 720x576Over doesn't scale

roy@haematic.org roy
Sun Sep 14 01:50:48 PDT 2008

> I've recently set up a MythTV frontend using Minimyth on a board with
> a CN700 and a VT1622A. I'm using TV out via S-Video to a CRT TV with
> Scart input. I initially set up mode 720x576Noscale, and was pleased
> to find the TV image fitted to the TV screen exactly, but there were a
> few strange things that started to make me think that the image was
> being scaled:
>
> 1) The OSD images had to be adjusted to about 650x550, for it to also fit
> the
> TV screen.

So I know this isn't helping with your problem at all, but this is a
handy image for playing with 720x576 Noscale and Over:

http://www.haematic.org/bbc720x576c.jpg

The red box is the area that is supposed to be still visible when using
Over.

I just use Over on my CN700 as it gets the best picture with mythtv
and just don't worry about the missing stuff!

Roy