[Openchrome-users] 720x576Noscale does scale 720x576Over doesn't scale

Paul Gardiner lists
Sun Sep 14 04:48:56 PDT 2008

Quoting Ivor Hewitt <ivor at ivor.org>:

>> When I first looked at the X screen via VNC I found TV was being
>> scaled. The X screen was 720x576, but the decoded TV image was
>> being  mapped onto a 650x550 subarea, and this area was somehow
>> mapping  exactly onto the TV screen.

Thanks for the help.

> Just thought, have you set independent settings in mythtv for the
> GUI/playback size? Have you reduced your mythtv GUI dimensions but not
> told it to playback video fullscreen? If not then mythtv will be
> scaling the video to the GUI size too.

I'm not completely sure. I let Minimyth determine the initial
settings. That gave me the GUI hanging off the end of the TV screen,
but the decoded movie image fitting to the TV screen exactly (I find
that so strange: what in the system can know what part of the X screen
is visible on the TV and scale the decoded movie image exactly to it?)

I then used the wizard thing to resize the GUI, but didn't check the
box that said scale the playback image too. The GUI changed size as
hoped to fit the TV, and the playback image stayed scaled to the TV.

Cheers,
   Paul.