[Openchrome-users] VGA to RGB Scart

Paul Gardiner lists
Sun Sep 14 14:45:25 PDT 2008

My CN700/VT1622A based MythTV frontend doesn't give quite
as good a picture as my old DVRs. It's as sharp but, the
colours are not quite as good. I think it's because of using
S-Video.  The VT1622A can apparently output component, but
one of the connections isn't made on the J7F2 board, and
wiring it up with a soldering iron looks very scary.

I've read that VGA produces the right level and impedance
signals to run into Scart. It's just the timings and sync
that needs altering. Can the CN700 be made to produce
TV timings from VGA? And does openchrome support that
mode of use? Also, can the syncs be combined by the
chip, or does that have to be done with an external
circuit?

Cheers,
	Paul.