[Openchrome-users] 720x576Noscale does scale 720x576Over doesn't scale

Paul Gardiner lists
Tue Sep 16 02:54:24 PDT 2008

roy at haematic.org wrote:
>>> The red box is the area that is supposed to be still visible when using
>>> Over.
>>>
>>> I just use Over on my CN700 as it gets the best picture with mythtv
>>> and just don't worry about the missing stuff!
>> That's interesting. So you too get best picture with Over, and have
>> missing stuff. Are you using Minimyth: I don't think Minimyth is the
>> cause of this, but it would be handy to know for sure.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>    Paul.
>>

> I'm using Gentoo.
> I think you are supposed to miss stuff with Overscan?
> I have manually set the ui size and position in mythfrontend so that all
> the myth ui is visible on the screen.

Now that I've turned off the setting that was scaling the TV playback
to match the GUI, I get missed stuff both with Overscan and Noscale
modes.  I'm manually setting the UI size too, so it's not too bad,
just a shame that it's not fitting exactly.  I've found loads of
different PAL mode lines on various web sites. I might try out a
few.

Cheers,
	Paul.