[Openchrome-users] VGA to RGB Scart

Marcus Priesch marcus
Tue Sep 16 03:12:30 PDT 2008

HI there,

for the schematics, i can provide input ;)

i once did it using an old et6000 & matrox MGA200/400 card ... and the
picture quality is brilliant in contrast to anything coming out from a
TV-encoder ...

but due to the monitors going ahead to progressive, the "interlaced"
functionality of the cards mostly disappeared ... evnen when it comes to
the pixelclock of 12.5 MHz most cards can not achieve this ...

its sad, but its true ... however, i read that my nvidia pci card is
able to do 720i - whihc should e PAL i think ?!?! - but i have not
tested it .... and it wont belong here also ;)

but i've tried openchrome some time ago (i think two years now) and had
no success ... i tried unichrome (they claimed to have programmable dot
clocks) but also no success then ....

so it's great to hear from ivor that the hardware is not capable at
all ... that was what you meant, or ?!? ;)

regards,
marcus.

ps: unfortunately the website hosting my "X-on-TV micro-HowTo" is
currently offline ... plans are hosting it somewhere else, but currently
thats not nfinished ... :(