[Openchrome-users] FW: Unknown Card-IDs

bkanyid bkanyid
Thu Jan 8 08:13:50 PST 2009

I just wanted to let you know that the patch worked great, and now I have
openchrome drivers going at native resolution to the panel. Being that it is
a VN800, I was a little confused that the patch mentioned the VM800. I
assume they are the same?

I haven't been able to open one of these computers yet, but the motherboard
is referenced in the manual as the M6 motherboard. That's what we call it.

In the Ubuntu openchrome build instructions, it has different instructions
for 2d building vs 3d building. I only built following the 2d instructions.
However, when I tried running glxgears, it worked and I got around ~550 fps
at the default window size. Is this accurate, or should I continue w/ the
instructions and build the 3d stuff as well for better performance?

Bradon Kanyid
Tech Support
POS-X, Inc.
1-800-790-8657 option 5
bkanyid at pos-x.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Xavier Bachelot [mailto:xavier at bachelot.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 3:21 PM
To: bkanyid
Cc: openchrome-users at openchrome.org
Subject: Re: FW: [Openchrome-users] Unknown Card-IDs

bkanyid wrote:
> Yes, it's possible for me to open it up. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what
> I'd be looking for. When you say references, what do you mean? Part #s?

Sorry, I was not very clear. Each motherboard is matched against a pci
id and referenced with both its manufacturer and its model (take a look
at the patch I sent earlier). From the pci id, we know the manufacturer
is Twinhead, however we don't have the model. Some motherboard do have
this kind of information written on them, that's what you are looking
for. Also, maybe the motherboard manual contains the information, but as
it seems even the manufacturer was not clearly written, I don't expect
the model to be written either.