[Openchrome-users] External monitor

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Mon Jan 19 07:36:50 PST 2009

Leandro Nini wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Leandro,

> I have an Easynote laptop with K8M800 chipset and I am trying to use an
> external monitor with no luck.
> My monitor (actually an LCD TV attached to the VGA output) is 1360x768 and
> the laptop panel is 1024x768.

Define what you mean by "use" :
- Panel and monitor in clone mode ? (This should work, but with some
limitations)
- Panel and monitor each running their own resolution and refresh rate ?
(This cannot work currently)

Define "with no luck" ?
- Panel is blank/garbled/use the wrong resolution ?
- Monitor is blank/garbled/use the wrong resolution ?

> I searched through the net and experimented some configurations but I'm
> unable to make it work,
> do someone have any experience and maybe could share some example xorg.conf?

Please describe what you want to achieve first (see above), then please
provide your xorg conf and xorg log, it will help a lot understanding
what your problem actually is.