[Openchrome-users] Some questions about OpenChrome...

Shane Magrath shane
Thu Jan 22 23:21:35 PST 2009

I've been stumbling around with drivers for my Via EX1500 nano-itx board
without a lot of luck.

Can I confirm a few things about OpenChrome given my configuration:
1) My monitor's native resolution is 1680x1050, which isn't picked up in
the Video bios
2) My connection to the monitor is DVI
3) My motherboard uses a Minit-Itx 15000G which has a CX700M2 chipset
4) I use Ubuntu 8.10

Now, what I want to do is run OpenChrome as above but also important is
XvMC support because I want this to be a MythTV box.

So far, my experience has been bad in terms of getting a working
display: I can't get the 1680x1050 resolution working at all, and that's
really the only useful mode in the monitor :-( everything else looks
rubbish...

Should I persist?

Shane