[Openchrome-users] Trouble with finding correct setup for M10000/CLE266

Kuno.Killerkarpfen@gmx.de Kuno.Killerkarpfen
Fri Jul 24 07:27:03 PDT 2009

Hi Openchrome-Users,

for some weeks I try to set up an Ubuntu 9.04 on a VIA EPIA M10000 system with CLE266 chip and I'm really despaired now...

According to the documentation this device should be well supported by the openchrome driver. I'm have already some experience with  Linux as well as with VIA EPIA boards, but for some reason i can't get the full/proper hardware acceleration.

Example1: with the old proprietary via-driver i got 330fps running glxgears, now i get only 200fps.

Example2: i want to play DVDs with Xine and the xxmc driver. The CPU load is around 20%, which is quite ok, but the system freezes sometimes completely!

I tried some configurations concerning AGPDAM, HWAcceleration, FB... nothing worked.

Is anybody using the openchrome-driver on a VIA EPIA M10000 or an other board with CLE266 an could post his experience or configuration?

Thanks, Kuno