[Openchrome-users] [openChrome] #283: CPU Load high with Openchrome in Fedora 10 in comparison with the Via driver in Fedora 6.

OpenChrome Trac trac
Sun Mar 1 13:01:39 PST 2009

#283: CPU Load high with Openchrome in Fedora 10 in comparison with the Via
driver in Fedora 6.
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  doug2233  |        Owner:  somebody
     Type:  defect    |       Status:  new
Blockedby:            |
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by schlobinux):

 yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update xorg-x11-drv-openchrome

 About the options, it seems you're mixing some options for EXA and XAA for
 example, so I assume you tried various things already and these are
 leftovers. From what I understand from your configuration, you're using a
 VIA based board with an add-on board for the LVDS encoder and this LVDS
 encoder is most probably not natively supported, thus you need to use the
 bios to set it up. That's what the VBEModes option is used for. Maybe
 you'll need to re-add Option "PanelSize" "800x600" and Option "ForcePanel"
 later but I think it's better to start with the simpliest xorg conf
 possible at first.

--
Ticket URL: <http://www.openchrome.org/trac/ticket/283#comment:4>
openChrome <http://www.openchrome.org/>