[Openchrome-users] About the project and VX800

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Mar 4 12:20:38 PST 2009

alpha_one_x86 wrote:
> Hello, I have few question:
> - The project is dead?

I wouldn't have started my first mail to a mailing list with such a
question, but maybe that's just me ;-)

> - When is planned the full 3D accel for VX800 (for via artigo)?

When there will be enough documentation available and some good willing
people start to hack on it. The workload is estimated to 1 man-year.
Alternatively, the closed VIA pieces can be reverse-engineered, but it
needs even more time and manpower.

> - When is planned the dri2?

Possibly when the new DRI driver lands, no ETA.

> - Support full acceleration 2D? (EXA, ...)

Already working.
See http://www.openchrome.org/trac/wiki/SupportedHardware
And feel free to browse the wiki for more...