[Openchrome-users] dual or multi head, on epia en1200 (cn700)

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Fri Mar 13 13:05:13 PDT 2009

vpcompany at tiscali.it wrote:
> dear Xavier,
> technically speaking, does the cn700 could handle dual or multi head in not cloned mode?
> is possible to show different fbuffers for each dvi/crt/tv link?
>
> I'd like to use the tv out (rgb header) at 720P and dvi (or vga) at 1280x1024 with different logins instead of using an old pci video card.
> at the moment it's not possible, but I'd like to know if it's "only" a driver limitation or the hardware could not handle this scenario.

This is a software limitation, the hardware is supporting dual-head. Jon
 is working on dual head support, but I didn't hear from here for a
couple of weeks.
Jon, any update on dualhead/randr support ?

Also, I believe the EN1200 needs a daughter board for DVI output,
probably using a VT1632A. This is not supported at the moment, although
the VT1632A doc is available, so it probably could be implemented.