[Openchrome-users] CX700

steve lynch sml_cv
Sun Nov 22 14:21:07 PST 2009

Ivor,

I believe so, but its only been a few days and I'm still digging - I can't honestly say I know what I am looking for. If there is something you'd like me to look for I will.

I can say that MythTV is reporting use of MPEG2VIDEO_XVMC (note no _VLD - don't know if this is significant) and is showing ~40-50% CPU when playing terrestrial DVB on a 1.5GHz CX700MII? (this is total CPU on frontend/backend combo - I can get better stats later).

A question in return. Is this H/W -?assuming some current or future driver exposes the capability?- ever likely to get me decoding HD in H/W (in my case HD == UK Freesat which I believe to be 720p 25fps H.264)?

- Steve