[Openchrome-users] A black screen is all I've been able to achieve. How to go on?

Florian v. Savigny lorian
Wed Oct 21 13:50:24 PDT 2009

Hi Xavier,

I just played around a bit with the X command, and tried option
-wr. Much to my suprise, the screen did turn white when the server
started. No mouse cursor was, however, visible. The white screen also
contained a 2x2cm square slightly to the right and slightly below the
centre of the screen where a number of pixels looked just like very
tiny confetti, i.e. they weren't white, but various colors. (This was
the case every time the white screen appeared.)

I have of course no idea whether this yields any useful information,
but just in case, I have uploaded the log file of such a run to

www.fsavigny.de/privat/xorg/Xorg_w_option_wr.0.log

Oddly, I cannot reproduce this white screen any longer now (it used to
be consistently there, and now it is consistently gone) although I
have not changed anything.

Best regards,

Florian