[Openchrome-users] Openchrome doesn't seem to load.

Máté Horváth ffa.blofsy
Thu Jul 29 15:03:43 PDT 2010

> ah, yes, sorry, I should have payed more attention.
> Not sure why unichrome is preferred over openchrome, even when
> openchrome is asked for in the xorg conf. I guess moving
> /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/unichrome_drv.so out of the way should
> workaround the issue. Either move, rename or delete the file. Then if ?you
> still have issue, provide the xorg log produced when openchrome is used.
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

I have solved the problem after I tried your suggestion. My distro
uses /usr/lib/X11 instead of /usr/lib/xorg. Still something is off. I
had to edit my xorg.conf because the resolution was bigger than my
desktop with the default xorg.conf generated by X -configure. It's
1280x800 atm, at least xrandr shows that but the fonts, windows etc
are considerably bigger than it was with vesa. I link two pictures so
you can see what I mean. Xrandr shows the same resolution but it's
obvious that the screenshot I made with vesa is higher in resolution.

Screenshot vesa:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1208519/linux/openchrome/2010_07_28_16_33_42_1280x800.png

Sc oc:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1208519/linux/openchrome/2010_07_28_17_43_27_1280x800.png