[Openchrome-users] Openchrome doesn't seem to load.

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Wed Jul 28 03:32:12 PDT 2010

On 07/27/2010 07:47 PM, M?t? Horv?th wrote:
> The logs are from the unichrome driver (which doesn't support your
>> chipset). Please provide logs from the openchrome driver (which should
support your chipset).
>> Regards,
>> Xavier
> Yes, I'm aware of that. That is what I don't understand since I
> modified the xorg.conf:
> Driver         "openchrome"
> As it's stated in the wiki: "In /etc/X11/xorg.conf, in the Section
"Device", change the driver to "openchrome". That is all. Now restart X.
Then proceed to the Troubleshooting page."
Module openchrome: vendor="http://openchrome.org"
>      (!!) For support, refer to http://openchrome.org/.
> shows up in the Xorg.log.
> Best Regards,
> M.
ah, yes, sorry, I should have payed more attention.
Not sure why unichrome is preferred over openchrome, even when
openchrome is asked for in the xorg conf. I guess moving
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/unichrome_drv.so out of the way should
workaround the issue. Either move, rename or delete the file. Then if  you
still have issue, provide the xorg log produced when openchrome is used.