[Openchrome-users] Error with graphic driver

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sat Oct 23 06:25:51 PDT 2010

On 01/-10/-28163 08:59 PM, RODRIGUEZ GONZALEZ, BEATRIZ wrote:
> Hello,
> After updating ubuntu 9.04 to ubuntu 10.04 and reboot, my screen can not
> be seen properly.
> If I run ubuntu 10.04 using 'recovery mode', the following error message
> appears:
>
> (EE) CHROME (0): Unknown Card-Ids (5122 | 0 | 0) Chipset: VX 855/VX875 ;
> please report to
> openchrome-users at openchrome.org
> (EE) [drm] drmOpen falled
> (EE) CHROME(0). [dri] DRIScreenInit falled. Disabling DRI.
>
>  _______________________
>
> I have been trying to reinstall the former graphic driver, and other
> things, with no success. Since the
> previous error message says that I may report it to you.. perhaps you
> can help me with this task..
> Do you know what should I do to fix this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Beatriz

The error message above means this particular board or laptop is not
known to the driver. It also shows something is broken either in the
BIOS or in the driver reading some values from the card.
What is the board or laptop manufacturer and model ?

What do you mean by "can not be seen properly" ? Wrong resolution ?
Black screen ? Garbled screen ?
Can you please provide the full xorg log (compressed) ?

Also, you need to be subscribed to post to the list.