[Openchrome-users] garbled display

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Aug 9 01:15:10 PDT 2011

On 08/09/2011 02:04 AM, Konstantin Svist wrote:
> I have a box with a via chip (cx700). LVDS panel is at 800x480.
> Booting into Fedora results in a garbled display (Fedora 15 xrandr
> reports the resolution is set at 1024x768, I can't seem to be able to
> set it to anything else)
> The distortion is similar to this one:
> http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/495/20100423.jpg (though there is no
> cursor visible)
>
> lspci -v is here:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.unichrome.devel/922
>
> There is no xorg.conf (Fedora stopped using it by default)

I'd try to both use ForcePanel and PanelSize options.
You need to create an /etc/X11/xorg.conf file with only a device section :

Section "Device"
         Identifier  "Card0"
         Driver      "openchrome"
         Option      "ForcePanel"
         Option      "PanelSize" "800x480"
EndSection

I'm not sure such a partial xorg conf will work, but in case it's not
just follow the doc in the link below to create a conf file and add the
2 Option lines.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_xorg.conf

Also please provide your xorg log (and please compress it so it'll not
hit the mailing list size limit).