[Openchrome-users] Suggestions on latest driver that runs on CentOS 5.0

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Thu May 5 05:25:53 PDT 2011

On 05/05/2011 12:30 PM, Bartosz wrote:
> Hi Antonio.
>
> Try to remove following line from via_driver.c:
>      ViaPreInitCRTCConfig(pScrn);
>
> Best Regards
> Bartosz
>

> 2011/5/4 Antonio Dupont<antonio at moosefactory.com>:
>> I posed a question a couple of days ago about forcing screen resolution and
>> think some of my problem is that I am using an older driver from EPEL
>> (v.0.2.900-7).
>>
>> So I manually compiled the latest release v 0.2.904 and it compile file and
>> put the driver the right location for my distribution (CentOS 5.0). However
>> X window will not display.  I get an error /usb/bin/Xorg: symbol lookup
>> error: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchrome_drv.so: undefined symbol:
>> xf86CrtcConfigInit.
>>
>> I've tried to compile from SVN to no avail, so I found a test driver from
>> EPEL in rpm (v.0.2.904-3 ) for and was able to install that, but I get the
>> same error as mentioned above and no display.
>>
>> Any suggestions to get past this problem or hints to a direction I should
>> try to go towards.
>>
>> I have attached my Xorg.0.log file for the v.0.2.904-3 driver.
>>
>> Thanks and regards,
>>
>> Antonio

The EPEL SRPM was carrying a patch for this issue. You might want to try
revert it from latest SVN (patch -R). No promise though, it's been a while.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=xorg-x11-drv-openchrome.git;a=blob_plain;f=openchrome-0.2.904-revert_r712.patch;hb=6ecc09bad68c4be4d2d22b1db5fb287f99d1a130