[Openchrome-users] Suggestions on latest driver that runs on CentOS 5.0

Antonio Dupont antonio
Thu May 5 16:40:03 PDT 2011

> Hi Antonio.
>>
>> Try to remove following line from via_driver.c:
>>     ViaPreInitCRTCConfig(pScrn);
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Bartosz
>>

>> 2011/5/4 Antonio Dupont<antonio at moosefactory.com>:
>>
>>> I posed a question a couple of days ago about forcing screen resolution
>>> and
>>> think some of my problem is that I am using an older driver from EPEL
>>> (v.0.2.900-7).
>>>
>>> So I manually compiled the latest release v 0.2.904 and it compile file
>>> and
>>> put the driver the right location for my distribution (CentOS 5.0).
>>> However
>>> X window will not display.  I get an error /usb/bin/Xorg: symbol lookup
>>> error: /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/openchrome_drv.so: undefined symbol:
>>> xf86CrtcConfigInit.
>>>
>>> I've tried to compile from SVN to no avail, so I found a test driver from
>>> EPEL in rpm (v.0.2.904-3 ) for and was able to install that, but I get
>>> the
>>> same error as mentioned above and no display.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions to get past this problem or hints to a direction I should
>>> try to go towards.
>>>
>>> I have attached my Xorg.0.log file for the v.0.2.904-3 driver.
>>>
>>> Thanks and regards,
>>>
>>> Antonio
>>>

> The EPEL SRPM was carrying a patch for this issue. You might want to try
> revert it from latest SVN (patch -R). No promise though, it's been a while.
>

> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=xorg-x11-drv-openchrome.git;a=blob_plain;f=openchrome-0.2.904-revert_r712.patch;hb=6ecc09bad68c4be4d2d22b1db5fb287f99d1a130
>
> Regards,
> Xavier

Thank you Bartosz and Xavier,

X is working again for me.

I used Bartosz suggestion and remove    ViaPreInitCRTCConfig(pScrn) from the
file.  Funny there was a comment above it.

/* Might not belong here temporary fix for bug fix */
  /*  ViaPreInitCRTCConfig(pScrn); */

I should have grepped that string when I saw the message.  Next time i will
do so.

Thanks so much,

Antonio