[Openchrome-users] EPIA-M720 (VX900) xorg.conf (EE) No devices detected

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Sat Feb 18 05:46:44 PST 2012

On 02/18/2012 12:05 PM, John Brown wrote:

> ? then I tried upgrading to Ubuntu 10.10 (Natty),, and now the GUI won't
> run at all. See attached log.
>

> I am beginning to wonder why linix is listed a supportd operating system
> for this motherboard?!
>

> John

Your driver is too old, please use latest release. And if you want Xv on
the VX900, please use git master.
http://www.openchrome.org/trac/wiki/Installation#InstallfromGIT

How is your screen hooked up to the IGP ? HDMI or VGA ? If HDMI, it will
need an xorg conf with Option "ActiveDevices" "DFP" and is not
quarantied to work anyway. VGA should work out of the box though.

Update the driver then send the xorg log.

> Even if so, is that really the problem? Why is it saying not devices
> detected?

Indeed, if the driver doesn't know about your IGP, how could he detect
it and moreover make anything useful out of it ?

> I am new to this list and not sure of what the normal behaviour is, but
> have attached my log and xorg.conf in case that helps (and is permitted)

Welcome to the list then :-)
The rules are, like on most mailing lists, plain text only mails, no top
posting, compress attached files if too big (mailman will refuses mails
above 100KB anyway).