[Openchrome-users] No lunch with OpenChrome on VX900

Uttam amit.uttam
Tue May 8 15:53:59 PDT 2012

Hello,

I've had no luck on getting OpenChrome to work on this specific set of
hardware that I have so I tried *viafb* and I've had some luck but I am
only getting 8bit depth.

I've tried every possible option. Even building the latest openchrome
master branch and the kms-branch with the drm-openchrome kernel does not
yield any successfull result.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04. Here are some output:

$ lspci
VGA compatible controller:
VIA Technologies, Inc. VX900 Graphics [Chrome9 HD]

$ sudo modprobe viafb viafb_mode=1024x768 viafb_active_dev=LCD+CRT

$ fbset -i -fb /dev/fb1
mode "1024x768-60"
    # D: 65.007 MHz, H: 48.368 kHz, V: 60.010 Hz
    geometry 1024 768 1024 768 32
    timings 15383 160 24 29 3 136 6
    accel true
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,0/0