[Openchrome-users] Non PAE system

François Pradines francois_pradines at yahoo.fr
Sun Apr 3 14:39:58 UTC 2016

>> I tried Fedora 23 Lxde, which boots, but after 3 hours I gave up the installation process

> I don't follow. What was the problem?
After booting on the usb key and checking the hardware works, the installation process is like a one click button.The led on the usb key starts flashing indicating it's working and then you wait.The EPIA M10000 is slow, ok, but after 3 hours without any message or progress bar moving, just the led flashing, I stopped everything.By comparison, the 9w took 10 minutes to copy its files, giving me a running lxde desktop.I'm sure the modern installation method is much more complex and can't be compared, but the final result must be very close.
> Debian still maintains a non-PAE kernel.
I didn't look for Debian, only Ubuntu.Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it.I just downloaded the live iso. The installation manual claims to support 32 bits VIA processors.

François Pradines

--
Tzafrir Cohen        | tzafrir at jabber.org | VIM is
http://tzafrir.org.il |                    | a Mutt's