[Openchrome-users] Non PAE system

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Thu Apr 14 02:23:19 UTC 2016

Hi Matthieu,

> Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 11:37:00 +0200
> From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu at herrb.eu>
> To: hzh <hzh at chemie.uni-leipzig.de>
> Cc: openchrome-users at lists.freedesktop.org
> Subject: Re: [Openchrome-users] Non PAE system
>
> Yes, X runs on the BSD. But only older versions of the
> xf86-video-openchrome driver work AFAICT, because the drm and kms
> drivers have not been ported to the BSD kernels and OpenChrome stopped
> working as a pure user mode driver.
>
> OpenBSD is shipping with a version derived from 0.2.906 that used to
> work last time I checked.
>
> But I don't have access anymore to hardware suppored by the openchrone
> driver to check the current driver or try porting a more recent version.
> --
> Matthieu Herrb

Is it possible you can compile the current OpenChrome code (Version 0.4.0) to see if it can be compiled against BSD?
While I did not test the code against BSD, personally, I will like to see it work on BSD as well.
At least on paper, I believe the code can be compiled against BSD since the code contains conditional compilation against DRI.
Furthermore, I fixed a few problems in the code that caused compilation problems with older platforms.

Regards,

Kevin Brace