[Openchrome-users] help getting hardware accelleration going on vx900

hzh hzh at chemie.uni-leipzig.de
Mon May 16 12:55:12 UTC 2016

Hi

Not much time but having a short glance at your info gave me an idea

1. Are you sure via.modeset=1 is valid? I mean, I haven't seen a
normal (upstream) kernel in the wild that had KMS for VIA.
Blacklisting the viafb should be okay, though.

2.
Looked at your Xorg.0.log

[    33.639] (II) LoadModule: "openchrome"
[    33.640] (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/openchrome_drv.so
[    33.652] (EE) Failed to load
/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/openchrome_drv.so:
/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/openchrome_drv.so: undefined symbol:
vgaHWFreeHWRec
[    33.652] (II) UnloadModule: "openchrome"
[    33.652] (II) Unloading openchrome
[    33.652] (EE) Failed to load module "openchrome" (loader failed, 7)
[    33.652] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"

It's always a good idea to do a
# cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log |grep EE
(remember capitalization matters) and maybe a
# cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log |grep WW

or a dmesg or /var/log/messages (needs root rights, at least in
Gentoo) and look there for errors.

Your openchrome build has a problem and did not load, X fell back to
modesetting driver.

You might check with the stock openchrome that came with Sabayon if
that works better.

Greetings and good luck!
Haldor