[Openchrome-users] [OpenChrome Users] A little thanks inbetween for your work

Fri Aug 18 12:06:35 UTC 2017

Dear Kevin,

I just wanted to show you a sign of appreciation. I guess few people
come by and say "Thanks for your work!". I definitely appreciate that
you still care for this hardware. It is usually a strength of freedom
software that aging hardware is still supported. Well, most VIA chips
hardly ever were fully supported, yet. I've been with these drivers
since xf86-video-via (CLE266), unichrome, openchrome and I still do have
a few VIA chipsets around (most should be CN700) and I hope that they'll
see the light of day (KMS, working MPEG2 accel., reliable monitor
detection), because otherwise the HW is still fairly okay for many
purposes.
So let me say "Thanks!", again, for your work on a not very common and
especially elderly HW and the Openchrome driver stack.

I wish you a lot of inner strength to proceed and to overcome possible
obstacles. And remember, there are (non-developer) people who are
grateful that someone still takes care of these things. I also hope that
I'll find the time to test some of my HW on your recent releases, but
currently life keeps me very busy.
Should you ever come to visit Germany feel free to remind me to give you
a big drink of your choice. :-)

Greetings
Haldor