[Openchrome-users] openchrome and "Modules" section [was: Re: How to say No!! in a polite though ridiculous way]

Dylan bob.dybian at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:02:04 UTC 2017

Hi,
I am the Debian Maintainer of openchrome since last December,
previously it was more or less abandoned at least not a priority... As
I have said [1], I don't have access to a supported hardware, so
thanks for testing the package.

Next time, please report this kind of bug to the Debian (or Ubuntu)
bug tracker and target the openchrome package otherwise I will not see
your problems...

Since the package 1:0.5.0-1, I have activated some hardening options
[2] to improve the security but apparently bindnow causes some trouble
here. So, I will prepare some test packages with different hardening
options (hopefully this week-end). Since I do not have hardware to
test, it will be very useful if someone could test these packages with
an up-to-date Strech before that I upload the new package to Debian.

Best regards,
Dylan

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/808784#10
[2] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-xorg/driver/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome.git/commit/?id=6b7cd94