[Openchrome-users] openchrome and "Modules" section [was: Re: How to say No!! in a polite though ridiculous way]

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Thu Jan 19 10:55:05 UTC 2017

On 19/01/2017 11:02, Dylan wrote:
> Since the package 1:0.5.0-1, I have activated some hardening options
> [2] to improve the security but apparently bindnow causes some trouble
> here. So, I will prepare some test packages with different hardening
> options (hopefully this week-end). Since I do not have hardware to
> test, it will be very useful if someone could test these packages with
> an up-to-date Strech before that I upload the new package to Debian.

fwiw, all Fedora packages do have hardening enabled by default, although
it is disabled for all video drivers.
I don't know how much of that applies to Debian, but here are some links
I hope may be useful to you.

Feature page :
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Harden_All_Packages

Start of mail thread :
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-March/208636.html

Useful answer in the same thread :
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2015-March/208639.html

Git commit disabling hardened build for openchrome :
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/xorg-x11-drv-openchrome.git/commit/?id=ad1b2e0821ca7140b1aff3cf34869d76dca7e743