[Openchrome-users] VE-900 and Debian 9.3 openchrome getting a blank screen

P Touchman ptouchman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 13:26:25 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I was trying to run Debian 9.3 32 bit and use the openchrome on a VIA
VE-900 board and I only get a blank screen.

I installed debian to a hard drive on another system, and installed the
openchrome server with synaptic, then moved the hard drive to the VE-900.

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/x11/xserver-xorg-video-openchrome

Once debian boots, I get a black screen.

I can switch to text mode with CTRL+ALT+F1 and back to graphics with
CTRL+ALT+F5.

I tried both the VGA and HDMI ports on the VE-900 and both have black
screens.

In text mode I can log in to debian just fine, so I reckon something must
be working...I looked very quickly at /var/log/Xorg.0.log and I could see
that it was using openchrome.

The VE-900 is in another location but I'll bring it home to get some more
log information.

Any ideas?