[Openfontlibrary] Greek Font Society

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Feb 8 17:13:54 PST 2007

On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 11:06 +0800, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
> On 1/27/07, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:
> >     I am very curious to know the background story here, because its
> >
> > I can't be certain, but I believe Antonis Tsolomitis was likely involved
> > at some level.  He works for the Univ. of the Aegean, created the Kerkis
> > font (extension of the free URW Bookman), among other things.  I have
> > corresponded with him a lot, edited his article for TUGboat, etc.
>
> There is a pilot program for the Greek OLPC and there was interest for
> quality Greek fonts.
> Partly due to this, I recommended to relicense the GFS fonts to the
> OFL and Alexios Zavras contacted the people from the Greek Font
> Society towards this direction. Credits go to Alexios.
>
> Simos

Very cool...now that OLPC is my highest priority project for Creative
Commons now, this interests me even more :)

This is a great font. We should try to get him more involved...would you
like to help us blog for open font library? Why don't we do this...lets
setup a planetplanet for Open Font Library, and then use the built-in
feed reader on ccHost to put up the feed on the main page of the site
like we have official news...that would rule?

What do you all think? Nicu, could you help us do this? I setup the
blog...

Send along your blog feed and head icon if cool? Nicu, if you are cool
with, what are the specs on the heads?

Whoa, I guess we could do this for the Open Clip Art Library as well.
Ryan, that would make your life much easier, right?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org